Wonder Mexican Burger
Ready in under 20 minutes, this spiced chicken breasts, homemade guac, salsa and toasted Wonder® Non-GMO Project Verified buns, these Mexican Chicken Burgers make for a satisfying weeknight dinner for the family.
Wonder Mexican Chicken Burgers
Ready in under 20 minutes, this spiced chicken breasts, homemade guac, salsa and toasted Wonder® buns, these Mexican Chicken Burgers make for a satisfying weeknight dinner for the family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 4 Wonder® Non-GMO Project Verified Hamburger Buns
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tsp. chipotle paste
- 3 limes, juiced
- 4-8 slices of Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 avocados
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
Optional: 12 – 16 pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- Place each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and smash with a rolling pin until they are about 1c, Mix the chipotle paste with half the lime juice and spread over the chicken.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high Once hot, cook the chicken for about 3 minutes each side, until cooked through. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add cheese slices on top of chicken breast to melt. Add the bun, cut-side down, to the griddle pan to toast lightly and finish by seasoning the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, mash the avocado with the remaining lime Stir in the cherry tomatoes, jalapeño and garlic, and season with a little salt.
- Spread guac over the base of the bottom Wonder® Real Big Hamburger Bun, then top with chicken breast and followed by the top
- Serve with a side of your choice of corn chips and enjoy!