These Are Canada's Buns* Backyard Makeover Contest
These Are Canada's Buns* Backyard Makeover Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec and must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (“Eligible Entrant”). Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of Weston Foods (Canada) Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”), its parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfilment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win. Eligible Entrants must also comply with the Instagram and Facebook terms of service, respectively located at http://instagram.com and https://www.facebook.com, and as may otherwise be posted to the Instagram and Facebook websites.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest, you must have a valid Account and must submit your Entry (as defined below) from your Account. You may enter the Contest via Facebook or Instagram as per below:
- Entry via D’Italinao Facebook must:
a) Share a tip, trick, recipe, photo or video in the comments on the June 29, 2020 post (the “Facebook Post”) that tells Canada what makes your backyard burger great and include #TheseAreCanadasBuns and #DItaliano.
Entry via D’Italiano Instagram must:
a) Share a tip, trick, recipe, photo or video in the comments on the June 29, 2020 post (the “Instagram Post”) that tells Canada what makes your backyard burger great and include #TheseAreCanadasBuns and #DItaliano.
Entry via Wonder Bread Facebook must:
a) Share a tip, trick, recipe, photo or video in the comments on the June 29, 2020 post (the “Facebook Post”) that tells Canada what makes your backyard burger great and include #TheseAreCanadasBuns and #WonderBread
Entry via Wonder Bread Instagram must:
a) Share a tip, trick, recipe, photo or video in the comments on the June 29, 2020 post (the “Instagram Post”) that tells Canada what makes your backyard burger great and include #TheseAreCanadasBuns and #WonderBread
Each comment that meets the above requirements will constitute one (1) Entry (“Entry”) into the Contest. In order to be eligible, an Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period, and will be subject to Entrant’s compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion). Any Entry that includes a comment to the Facebook Post or Instagram Post that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Contest Sponsor wishes to associate itself (all as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be void. By submitting an Entry, you agree to be legally bound by these Rules. If you opt to use Instagram or Facebook via a wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless services provider. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless service provider rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless service provider for more information on messaging rate plans and charges before participating in the Contest via a wireless mobile device. Participation in this Contest via a wireless mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by wireless mobile device relating to this Contest, including potential winner notifications (as applicable), which may be subject to charges pursuant to your via your wireless service provider ‘s rate plan. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of the Contest will be the Contest Sponsor’s official clock.
- There is a limit of four (4) Entries per person. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, Instagram or Facebook accounts, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) your Entry is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
- Prize – There is 1 (one) prize consisting of one (1) $5,000 Gift card from the choice of either Canadian Tire, Walmart Canada or Home Depot. The approximate retail value of the prize is $5000.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the prize is unavailable. All characteristics and features of a prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- On July 15, 2020 at 2:00PM EST (“Contest Draw Date”), a random draw for the prize will take place in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entrant drawn will be deemed the potential prize winner. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential prize winner to notify him/her that he or she may have won the prize by Instagram message or Facebook message (depending on how the potential prize winner submitted his or her Entry) within four hours after the draw. The potential prize winner is solely responsible for monitoring his/her Account for such notification message(s) and will be required to provide an active email address at which we may send them details regarding prize pick-up and the declaration and release form the potential prize winner will be required to complete. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within such time, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor (which may, at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be administered via the full declaration and release form described in the following sentence). Before being awarded the prize, the potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full declaration and release form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, voice and any other likeness, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the prize, accepts the prize as awarded and releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof. If the potential prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate Eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential prize winner).
- By entering this Contest each entrant automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- All Entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any social media or online systems during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on a social media platform, online or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In the event of a dispute, Entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Account that was used to submit the Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to the Account by www.instagram.com or www.facebook.com, depending on method of Entry. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the Account used to submit the Entry in question. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest Sponsor’s Instagram Page or Facebook Page, point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
®/™ Trademarks of Weston Foods (Canada) Inc. and others. All rights reserved.
©2020 Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.
*Our buns are proudly baked in Canada.